The Production & Distribution Assistant will be responsible for the delivery of product to customers and licensees, as well assisting the brewery team with inventory control and deliveries of raw material packaged goods.
This is currently a part-time position which requires approximately 16-24 hours/week. Hours may vary based on production and distribution schedules. Flexibility in schedule and extra time to meet job requirements may be necessary. This position has the potential to grow into a role that involves additional hours and responsibilities such as assisting with brewery responsibilities as outlined below. Please see job description attached.
Job responsibilities will be shared between both our brewery and warehouse locations.
- Responsible for the regular tracking of inventory levels and reporting any ordering requirements to appropriate managers. This includes but is not limited to:
- Beer packaging: unlabelled bottles, bottle caps, growlers, growler caps, labels, 12-pack boxes, labelled bottles, kegs, raw materials.
- Keg tracking: distribution and returns
- Ensuring par levels of all above inventories at both warehouse and brewery and utilization of the Warehouse Inventory spreadsheet for tracking.
- Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures
- Ensuring general warehouse tidiness, including organization and amalgamation of skids, sweeping, strategic placement of warehouse items, etc.
- Assisting with loading and unloading boxes, grain, cans, bottles, snacks, kegs, growlers, deliveries, etc.
- Ensuring that the garbage/recycle bins are taken out/in at the warehouse according to schedule
- Labelling of directed number of bottles for packaging runs, packaging of labelled or unlabelled bottles into bottle boxes, wax-dipping filled bottles, assisting with beer packaging if needed.
- Receiving orders and deliveries at the warehouse
- Delivery of raw materials to and from brewery
- Aid in the creation and shipping of orders when required
- Route preparation and planning for deliveries and pickups
- Executing weekly deliveries of packaged product to licensees
- Complete all necessary paperwork. May include, but not limited to, daily logs, inspection logs, delivery receipts, vehicle inspection, hours of service, etc.
- Handling of cheques and cashflow from accounts receivable
- Comply with all company policies and procedures regarding the delivery of goods.
- Perform all tasks safely and with the upmost concern for the safety of yourself, other employees, and the public while complying with all health and safety standards as well as department policies procedures and rules of the road
- Provide excellent customer service to our partners
- Other tasks as required
- This position has the potential to grow into a role that involves assisting with additional brewery responsibilities including: packaging, bottling, keg washing, and other production-related tasks.
- Ability to lift up to 150lbs on a regular basis with and without assisted lifting device
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Must possess a strong attention to detail
- Customer service and delivery experience are considered an asset
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines, and time management techniques
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and passion for craft beer and the brewing industry
- Basic mathematical skills for reporting purposes
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Forklift and truck experience an asset
- High School diploma/GED equivalent required
- Valid G driver’s license. Ability to maintain a valid license is a requirement
If the above sounds like you, and you’re excited at the opportunity to join our team, we would love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, and welcome all those interested to apply. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: jointheteam(at)meritbrewing(dot)ca