The FOH Manager will be responsible for overseeing all activities and processes associated with delivering a phenomenal experience for our guests at MERIT. This is a highly collaborative role working alongside all members of the MERIT team to deliver enthusiastic and knowledgeable service. We are looking for an effective communicator who has a hands-on, lead by example management style. The FOH Manager will set the example and tone as an ambassador for MERIT Brewing Company.
• Responsible for recruitment, training, scheduling, evaluation, and ongoing growth of taproom/retail employees through effective mentoring and leadership.
• Hiring – interviewing, onboarding, etc..
• Mentoring, coaching, and goal-setting with staff
• Seeking training opportunities for staff
• Staff Scheduling
• Implementing disciplinary action when necessary
• Must be able to work in a high-volume, fast-paced setting, prioritizing and assigning work assignments and managing multiple projects at one time.
• Creates and oversees Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) & training systems.
• Ensures the FOH is ready for service in a timely manner, as well as monitors and assists during service as needed.
• Proactively seeks out and resolves issues and uses such opportunities as development/coaching tools for FOH staff.
• Researches and makes recommendations on methods for improving front of house operations (and coordination w. BOH)
• Establishes a solid working relationship with the BOH to ensure unity between teams
• Ability to share knowledge of beer, food, and pairing offerings at MERIT. Ensures all taproom staff are knowledgeable about each of the current offerings and broader craft beer knowledge.
• Performs and oversees opening and/or closing duties including reconciliation of end of day finances.
• Handles large-party reservation requests
• Attends weekly management meetings
• Product testing and quality control
• Inventory Management
• Flexible availability
• Minimum of 5 years of restaurant experience, including time in a management role
• Must be Smart Serve certified
• Knowledge and passion for craft beer and the brewing industry
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
• Cicerone or Prud’homme certification is an asset
• Knowledge and experience with restaurant POS system (Touch Bistro) an asset
MERIT Brewing is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Excited & interested? Please email email@example.com with your CV + Cover Letter.