The Taproom Manager is responsible for taproom and retail operations. The ideal candidate is a motivator and a living example of MERIT’s values and goals while delivering a phenomenal experience for our guests. This is a highly collaborative role working alongside all members of the MERIT team to deliver enthusiastic and knowledgeable service. We are looking for an effective communicator who has a hands-on, lead by example management style. The Taproom Manager will set the example and tone as an ambassador for MERIT Brewing Company.
- Responsible for recruitment, training, scheduling, evaluation, and ongoing growth of taproom/retail employees through effective mentoring and leadership, using MERIT’s Feedback model.
- Provides confident and genuine motivating to the Taproom team, leading with MERIT values at the forefront of all communication and action.
- Provides strategic organization with clear guidance and a connection to the greater goals of MERIT.
- Must be able to work in a high-volume, fast-paced setting, prioritizing and assigning work assignments and managing multiple projects at one time.
- Leads service by example, to the highest standards, providing model guest communication and attentive service.
- Assists in the creation of, and oversees, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) & training systems.
- Ensures the FOH is ready for service in a timely manner, as well as monitors and assists during service as needed.
- Coordinates opportunities for guest experience improvement with Marketing Manager to provide a cohesive presentation of the MERIT brand.
- Proactively seeks out and resolves issues and uses such opportunities as development/coaching tools for FOH staff.
- Researches and makes recommendations on methods for improving front of house operations (and coordination w. BOH)
- Handles all reservation requests and ensure proper staffing levels and preparation for each
- Coordinates new product releases with Brewery & Kitchen teams, working directly with responsible manager to ensure all product information is understood ahead of launch and implements product training for Taproom team.
- Establishes a solid working relationship with the BOH to ensure unity between teams
- Ability to share knowledge of beer, food, and pairing offerings at MERIT. Ensures all taproom staff are knowledgeable about each of the current offerings and broader craft beer knowledge.
At MERIT, we are committed to providing a safe, inclusive, and dignified work environment for all employees and candidates, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity, religion, or any other aspect of their identity.
Excited & interested? Please email email@example.com with your CV + Cover Letter.