We’re a team that values community, collaboration, innovation, and enthusiasm, and are excited to find like-minded people to join our Front of House team! We are passionate about our city, our beer, our food, and our supporters; we hope you are too!
We are currently seeking a friendly and energetic craft beer lover to join our team as Taproom Server!
Under the direction of the Front of House Management team, Taproom Servers offer an educational and fun food and beer tasting experience! They are extremely knowledgeable about all food and beverage items at MERIT and are able to answer questions, provide recommendations, and share their passion for craft beer and great food. As additional safety precautions are necessary to ensure the safety of ours staff and guests, Taproom Servers will practice our industry-leading safety protocols to ensure a safe environment for all.
- Knowledgeable about current food and beverage offerings in order to make recommendations
- Taking orders, bartending, and serving food in a bar service and retail setting
- Food running and bussing tables
- Be aware of any special requests, including guest allergies. Assist with modification options.
- Ensure accuracy when entering information into the POS system. Handle cash and card transactions, along with balancing end of day reports.
- Monitor food quality and presentation standards
- Monitor the cleanliness of the bar and taproom and ensure all materials and areas are clean and organized
- Assist with inventory tracking, ordering, and packaging
- Assist with off-site events
- Complete opening, closing and side-duties efficiently and safely
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Experienced server
- Ontario Smart Serve Certification required
- Must be 19-years or older, as you will be may need to test product to ensure quality
- Passionate and knowledgeable about craft beer, with a desire to learn more (Cicerone or Prud’homme Certification is an asset)
- Excellent team player
- Flexible work schedule (with an open availability throughout the week, including evenings, weekends, and able to work at some off-site events)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
If the above sounds like you, and you’re excited at the opportunity to join our team, we would love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, and welcome all those interested to apply. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: jointheteam(at)meritbrewing(dot)ca with the subject “Taproom Server”.