We’re a team that values community, collaboration, innovation, and enthusiasm, and are excited to find like-minded people to join us in the pursuit of building something special on James Street North.
MERIT is inspired by Hamilton’s history and those paving the way for a bright future. We are passionate about our city, our beer, our food, and our supporters; we hope you are too!
We are currently seeking Line Cooks to join us!
Under the direction of the Back of House Management Team, Line Cooks will be responsible for effectively executing recipes and ensuring delicious and quality food is created within MERIT’s kitchen.
- Production and maintenance of MERIT’s food program according to the recipes and standards set out by the Kitchen Manager.
- Ensure readiness for service through stocking and prepping.
- Monitor inventory and ensure product is properly rotated.
- Keep kitchen and prep area clean in accordance to back of house standards.
- Follow all health and safety standards regarding food storage and preparation.
- Dishwashing and general kitchen organization.
- Other duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager.
- Experience in a restaurant kitchen preferred (but good attitude and strong work ethic more important!)
- Food Handler Certification required
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent team player
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible work schedule (with an open availability throughout the week, including evenings, weekends, and able to work at some off-site events)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, and welcome all those interested to apply. We value the health, safety, and wellness of our team-members and are proud to offer Health Benefits to all full-time employees.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Line Cook”.
Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.